Tips On Preventing Health Care Fraud
Health care fraud is rising higher and higher every year. Molina and other State and Federal Agencies are working together to help prevent fraud. Examples of health care fraud include: billing for services not provided, using someone else's identity (ID) to obtain benefits or receive payment.
- Do not give your Medical/Molina card number to anyone except your doctor, clinic, hospital or other health care provider.
- Do not let anyone borrow your Medical/Molina card.
- Never lend your Social Security card to anyone.
- Never sign a blank insurance claim form.
- Be wary of anyone who offers you "free" tests and services in exchange for your Medical/Molina card number.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
By working together we can make a difference. If you think fraud has taken place, please report it right away. You do not have to fear revenge. Your report will be kept private. You do not have to give us your name if you do not want to. You can report fraud through one of the following:
DSHS Fraud Hotline
DSHS Provider Hotline
Molina Healthcare of Michigan Confidential voicemail
Molina Healthcare of Michigan Compliance:
Molina Healthcare of Michigan
100 W. Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48084-5209
Molina Healthcare of Michigan Confidential fax