Doctor Visits: Some Tips for Success
Do you know how to prepare for a visit to the doctor? Here are some tips to make the most of your visit:
- Make a list of questions and concerns you want to discuss. Include a list of any symptoms you’re having.
- You should tell your doctor when the
- How often do they occur?
- How long do they last?
- Are they getting better or worse?
- Make a list of all the medicines and supplements you take. Or bring them with you.
- Bring along a pad for taking notes.
It’s important to talk with your doctor about anything that might be affecting your health. This may include things that are hard to talk about, such as changes in sleep or bowel habits, sex, or incontinence.
Here are some questions you may want to ask your doctor:
- What is my illness, and what caused it?
- Which medicines or other treatments do you think I need? How will they help me?
- Will there be any side effects?
- Can changing my lifestyle habits improve my health?
- Should I stay away from certain medicines, activities, or foods?
- What kind of tests do I need? Why?
- How soon will I get my test results? Will you call me with the results, or should I call you?
Lastly, if you don’t understand any of the answers, say so.
It’s important to visit your doctor every year for a checkup. This way, you’ll get the preventive care that you need to stay healthy. If you don’t have a doctor, Molina Healthcare can help you fi nd one.