Molina Healthcare takes confidentiality very seriously. We want to let you know how your health information is shared or used.
PHI stands for: protected health information. PHI means health information that is used or shared by Molina Healthcare. PHI includes your name, Member number, or other things that can be used to identify you.
Why does Molina Healthcare use or share our Members' PHI?
- To provide for your treatment
- To pay for your health care
- To review the quality of the care you get
- To tell you about your choices for care
- To run our health plan
- To share PHI as required or permitted by law
When does Molina Healthcare need your written authorization (approval) to use or share your PHI?
- Molina Healthcare needs your written approval to use or share your PHI for purposes not listed above.
What are your privacy rights?
- To look at your PHI
- To get a copy of your PHI
- To amend your PHI
- To ask us to not use or share your PHI in certain ways
- To get a list of certain people or places we have given your PHI
How does Molina Healthcare protect your PHI?
Molina Healthcare uses many ways to protect PHI across our health plan. This includes PHI in written word, spoken word or PHI in a computer.
- Molina Healthcare has policies and rules to protect PHI.
- Only Molina Healthcare staff with a need to know PHI may use PHI.
- Molina Healthcare staff is trained on how to protect and secure PHI.
- Molina Healthcare staff must agree in writing to follow the rules and polices that protect and secure PHI.
- Molina Healthcare secures PHI in our computers. PHI in our computers is kept private by using firewalls and passwords.
What can you do if you feel your privacy rights have not been protected?
- Call or write Molina Healthcare and complain.
- Complain to the Department of Health and Human Services.
The above is only a summary. Please click here to read the full Notice of Privacy Practices. The Notice has more information about how we use and share your PHI.
We will be happy to answer your questions as a member of Molina Healthcare. You may call our Member Services Department at 1-800-869-7165.
return to the top
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the file(s) above. Download a free version.