The Quality of Care You Receive is Important to Us
Molina Healthcare wants you and your family to receive the best care. We have a Quality Improvement (QI) Program to ensure you get quality care. Each year Molina Healthcare sets goals to improve our services. One goal is to help you take better care of yourself and your family. We measure how well we are providing care by sending you surveys to fill out. We look at what you say to find ways to improve.
The QI Program:
- Evaluates providers to be sure you have access to a qualified health care team
- Investigates and takes action when you have an issue with the quality of care you have been provided
- Promotes safety in health care through education for you and our providers
- Publishes Preventive Health Guidelines to help you know what services you need and when
- Evaluates the quality of your healthcare through HEDIS (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set). These scores tell us when you have received the type of care you need. The scores look at how often you receive services such as flu shots, immunizations, eye tests, cholesterol tests, and pre-natal care if you are pregnant
- Surveys members’ satisfaction with care. One type of survey is called CAHPS (Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems). This tells us if you are happy with your care and your provider. It also tells us what we can make better for you. Some things are getting your appointment faster and having more providers to take care of you
Molina Healthcare's QI Program has programs and information to help you stay healthy. Some examples are:
- Fully immunized children by the age of two
- Lead screening for one and two year olds
- Preventive care services including cancer screening for adult members
- Preventive care services appropriate for their age for children
- Preventive care and appropriate services specific to members with diabetes, asthma and other chronic conditions
- Tobacco cessation counseling and/or pharmacological intervention for members who use tobacco products
- Appropriate levels of prenatal care for pregnant members
- Service levels that beat industry standards for Customer Service, Claims Processing and other administrative services for members and providers
- Member and Provider satisfaction levels that exceed industry standards
- Patient Safety Program - Molina Healthcare wants you and your family to be safe and healthy
- To learn more or to request a copy of our QI Program, call your Molina Healthcare Member Services Team at 1-888-999-2404
- Don't forget to call our Nurse Advice Line at 1-888-275-8750 if you or your family feel sick after your doctor's office has closed. They can help you
To learn more or to request a copy of our QI program, call Member Services. HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
*Printed copies of information posted on our website are available upon request.