The Molina Healthcare Quality Improvement Program (QIP) provides the structure and key processes that enable the health plan to carry out it's commitment to ongoing improvement of care and service, and improvement of members' health. The QIP assists the organization to achieve these goals. It is an evolving program that is responsive to the changing needs of the health plan's customers and the standards established by the medical community, regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Implementation of programs and processes to improve members' outcomes and health status.
- Collaboration with our contracted provider network to identify relevant care processes, develop tools and design meaningful measurement methodologies for the provided care and service.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of programs, interventions and process improvements and determine further actions
- Designing effective and value-added interventions
- Continuously monitoring performance parameters and comparing to Molina Healthcare standards, national and regional benchmarks, as well as regulatory requirements
- Analysis of information and data to identify trends and opportunities, and the appropriateness of care and services.
- Oversight and improvement of delegated functions; Claims, UM and Credentialing.
- Ensuring a quality and adequate provider and Health Delivery Organization network through appropriate contracting, studies and Credentialing processes.
- Evaluating member satisfaction with their experience of care through the CAHPS (Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) survey.
- Conducting provider satisfaction surveys with specific questions about the UM process, such as determining the level of satisfaction with getting a service approved, obtaining a referral and case management.
The QIP promotes and fosters accountability of employees and network and affiliated health personnel for the quality and safety of care and services provided to Molina Healthcare Members.
If you would like more information, please contact the Quality Improvement Department at 1-877- 665-4622, press 0 and ask for Quality Improvement. Or you may call us directly at 210-366-6500 X 203041.
- Educational Materials
As a provider, you may access educational materials
- Disease Management
We have on-going programs associated with major, high-risk, acute and chronic illnesses that address member needs, health deficits and health care disparities.
- Care Coordination
Continuity and coordination of care are an important part to providing quality health care.
- Complex Case Management
We offer a Complex Case Management program for your patients with complex service needs.
- Patient Safety
The Patient Safety activities encompasses appropriate safety projects and error avoidance for Molina Healthcare members in collaboration with their primary care providers
*Printed copies of information posted on our website are available upon request.
return to top