What is Medication Therapy Management?
Medication Therapy Management (MTM) is a program offered by pharmacists to help you understand how your medicines work and how they can help you. Pharmacists share any suggestions discussed during the medication review with your doctor(s). Molina Healthcare is happy to give this service to you at no cost.
The pharmacist will schedule a time to go through your medicines with you over the phone. The pharmacist may ask you the following questions during the review:
- Do you have questions about your medicines?
- Do your medicines cost too much?
- Do you have side effects from your medicines?
- Do you feel that your medicines are working?
We want to help you get the most from your medicines. We will take the time to listen to your concerns and help you find answers to your questions.
The pharmacist will also:
- Review each medicine with you
- Explain how your medicines work and how they help you
- Help you create goals for your medicines
- Improve the way you use your medicines
Eligibility - Members must meet all of the following requirements to qualify for MTM.
- Have at least 3 of the following diseases:
- Chronic Heart Failure (CHF)
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Problems (Cardiovascular Disease)
- Breathing problems like Asthma or COPD
- Bipolar Disorder
- Take at least 6 medications
- Have at least $980 in Part D medications in the last 3 months
What Happens During an MTM Review?
Members that qualify are automatically enrolled. You will receive a welcome letter in the mail within the first 60 days explaining how to participate.
We will call you to explain the program and set up an appointment if you want to participate. Once you decide to participate, you will complete a comprehensive medication review (CMR) with a pharmacist. It will help if you have a list of your medicines available for the brief 20 - 30 minute call. During the call, please feel free to ask the pharmacist any questions about your medicines or conditions.
After the call is complete, the pharmacist will send you a letter with an updated medication list (PDF) and any recommendations discussed during the call (the Medication Action Plan). We will also send the letter to your primary doctor to let them know what we discussed.
How Can I See If I Qualify and Schedule an Appointment?
Call (855) 658-0918, TTY/TDD 711, 7 days a week, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. local time to check if you qualify and learn more about the program.
MTMP is a program for those who qualify and is not considered a benefit.