You can enroll or change your plan at any time during the yearly Open Enrollment Period, which spans from November 1 through January 31.
If you have certain life changes any time of year, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Life changes include:
- You get married or enter into a domestic partnership
- You have or adopt a child, or place a child in adoption or in a foster home
- You lose your health coverage, including no longer being eligible for Medi-Cal or losing your coverage through your job
- You change where you permanently live or move to another region of the state where plan options are different
- You are released from jail or prison
- You have exhausted your COBRA coverage
- You are already enrolled in a Covered California plan and you become newly eligible or ineligible for tax credits based on your income
- You turn 26 and can no longer be covered by your parents’ plan
- You’re no longer covered by a college health plan
- You return from active-duty military service
- You become a citizen, national or lawfully present individual
- If you are a member of a federally recognized American Indian or Alaska Native tribe, you can enroll anytime and change plans no more than once per month.
- If you apply for health coverage through Covered California before March 31st or Medi-Cal after March 31st and feel you were incorrectly denied.
- If your enrollment was wrong due to an error, misrepresentation or misconduct of your health insurance company, Covered California or a non-Covered California entity.
- Covered California determines you experienced an exceptional circumstance
We can answer your questions and help you find out if you qualify. For more information, Contact us or visit www.CoveredCa.com.