Outpatient Mental Health Services
Outpatient mental health services are now a covered benefit by Molina. You can call Molina or ask your PCP for the name of a plan mental health provider.
These services are for the treatment of mild to moderate mental health conditions which include*:
- Individual and group mental health evaluation and treatment (psychotherapy)
- Psychological testing, when clinically indicated to evaluate a mental health condition;
- Outpatient laboratory, drugs, supplies, and supplements
- Outpatient services for the purposes of monitoring drug therapy; and
- Psychiatric consultation
You can still get specialty mental health services from the county mental health plans.
Mental health services for relational problems are not covered. This includes counseling for couples or families for conditions listed as relational problems*.
*As defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV)
Substance Use Disorder Preventative Services
Alcohol misuse screening services are now a benefit covered by Molina for all members ages 18 and older. These services for alcohol misuse cover**:
- One expanded screening for risky alcohol use per year
- Three 15-minute brief intervention sessions to address risky alcohol use per year
- Molina does not cover services for major alcohol problems, but you may be referred to the County Alcohol and Drug Program
**Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
Member Services Guide
It tells you what you need to know about your Molina Healthcare Medi-Cal Health Plan.
For the Member Service Guide, click here.
Medi-Cal Member Services Guide - Notice of Nondiscrimination and Language Assistance Addendum, click here.
How do members get care?
Call Member Services at (888) 665-4621 if you need mental health services and we can help you get the care you need.