In an effort to get the Chicago community to engage in healthier and more active lifestyles, Molina Healthcare of Illinois recently hosted a Walk the Block Party at the Kroc Center Chicago. To kick off the event, Molina employees led attendees in a group walk around the Kroc Center track to encourage walking with family and friends.
Once attendees finished the walk, they were able to enjoy a variety of free resources and activities, including:
- Free lunches
- Dental cleanings for children by Universal Smiles
- Glucose and blood pressure screenings by Roseland Community Hospital
- Health education by Molina’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Dianna Grant
- Bounce house and obstacle course activities
- Radio entertainment by Chicago’s B96 (96.3 FM)
- Raffles and prizes by Molina Healthcare
Additionally, to provide local children with the tools they need to live a healthy lifestyle, Molina worked with Payless ShoeSource to purchase 110 pairs of new shoes for children at two Boys & Girls Club locations. The children were encouraged to attend the block party and try out their new shoes!