Molina Healthcare of Ohio will honor the good deeds of six local residents at its ninth annual Community Champions awards ceremony. The ceremony will be held at the Wells Barn in the Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus and will include dinner, an award presentation and entertainment.
The Community Champions program honors the vision of Dr. C. David Molina, Molina Healthcare’s founder, by celebrating the idea of communities working together to provide support and services to those who need it most. The program spotlights individuals who go above and beyond helping others in their local community. As part of the award, each winner receives a $1,000 grant to give to a deserving nonprofit organization of his or her choice.
The 2017 Community Champions being honored include:
- William Brokschmidt, Volunteer, Family of Addicts (Dayton)
- Jared Butcher, Volunteer, Southeast Ohio Foodbank (Athens)
- Dr. James Garvey, Field Service Volunteer, People Working Cooperatively (Cincinnati)
- Nathaniel Jordan, Executive Director, Fatherhood Matters Program, Columbus Kappa Foundation (Columbus)
- Reverend Karen Shepler (Posthumous Recognition) (Toledo)
- Cheryl Strothers, Director, Nursing, Warren City Health Department (Warren)
- Ron and Cathy Tijerina, Co-Executive Directors, The RIDGE Project, Inc. (Toledo)
When: October 10, 2017
5:30 -6:30 p.m. Networking Reception
6:30 – 8 p.m. Dinner and Program
Where: Wells Barn, Franklin Park Conservatory
1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43203
How to RSVP: This is a free event, but a reservation is required to attend. Space is limited. Please RSVP by September 28 to (888) 562-5442 EXT 212989 or MHOCOMMUNITYCHAMPIONS@MOLINAHEALTHCARE.COM