Behavioral health services refers to special treatment services to address mental health conditions and substance use disorder. Molina Healthcare covers outpatient and inpatient behavioral health treatment services with licensed mental health and substance use disorder specialists.
You may self-refer for an initial evaluation and outpatient behavioral health services or visit your Primary Care Provider (PCP). Your PCP may treat some behavioral health conditions such as depression or excessive alcohol use.
Crisis services are available for members having a mental health emergency. Learn more.
Mental health outpatient services may include:
- Intake evaluation
- Individual treatment services
- Medication management
- Medication monitoring
- Group treatment services
- Peer support
- Brief intervention and treatment
- Family treatment
- High intensity treatment
- Therapeutic Psychoeducation
- Day support
- Stabilization services
- Rehabilitation case management
- Mental health services provided in a residential setting
- Special population evaluation
- Psychological assessment
Drug and alcohol treatment services may include:
- Brief intervention and referral to treatment
- Withdrawal management (detoxification)
- Outpatient treatment
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Inpatient residential treatment
- Opiate substitution treatment services
- Case management
It tells you what you need to know about your Molina Healthcare Apple Health (Medicaid) Health Plan. Read here.
How to find a behavioral health provider
Go to our Find a Provider page and follow these easy steps:
Select your city or enter zip code
"Distance Within" - Select miles of how far you want to travel
"Coverage" - select Medicaid
"Provider Type" - select "Behavioral Health"
How do members get care?
Call Member Services if you need help getting behavioral health services. We can help you get the care you need.