January 07, 2015 / Yung Nguyen
Did you know that just a burst of just ten minutes of activity at a time will benefit your health? Even slight adjustments to your daily routine can increase physical activity. Make subtle changes, so that you can incorporate more and more. Here are some tips from MyPlate to add into your daily schedule.
• Put on your running shoes and walk your dog.
• Take a couple laps around the neighborhood.
• Wash your car at home, instead of driving your car through an automated car wash. Saves you some money and burns off a few calories.
• Get a good stretch in, while watching television, to keep your muscles loose.
• Park your car further away from the office, elevator, or stairs. This allows you to get a longer walk into work.
• If you take the bus to work, then try getting off one stop early and walk the rest of the way.
• Skip the coffee during break, and go for a walk around the office building.
The most important thing to remember is to have fun while being active. Ten minutes of activity here and there throughout the day will eventually add up to improve your health and well-being.