What is IHSS?
If you are a member in Riverside, San Bernardino or San Diego Counties you may be eligible to receive In-Home Supportive Services. Please contact Case Management at (888) 562-5442 ext. 127604 for assistance.
IHSS helps pay for services that allow you to live safely in your own home. It's considered an alternative to out-of-home care, such as nursing home or board and care facilities. To be eligible you must be over 65 years of age, or disabled, or blind.
What services are included in IHSS?
You may receive the following services from IHSS:
- Meal preparation
- Grocery shopping
- Personal care services (such as bowel and bladder care, bathing, grooming and paramedical services)
- Accompaniment to medical appointments
- Protective supervision for mentally impaired
How do I get IHSS?
- You must physically reside in the United States
- You must also be a California resident
- You must have a Medi-Cal eligibility determination
- You must live at home or an abode of your own choosing (acute care hospital, long-term care facilities, and licensed community care facilities are not considered "own home")
- You must submit a completed Health Care Certification form.
You can apply for IHSS by completing an application and by submitting it to your local county welfare department.
If you receive IHSS now, your services will not change in the Molina Healthcare plan available through Cal MediConnect.
You keep your IHSS providers and you can still hire, fire and manage them. The county IHSS social worker will still assess your needs and approve your IHSS hours. Your rights to appeal stay the same. Molina staff can work with you and your IHSS providers to help you get the care you need.
For more information, you can call Member Services.