MIAMI (Oct. 10, 2018) – Molina Healthcare of Florida is prepared to wholly assist members and providers who may be impacted by Hurricane Michael, which is expected to make landfall along the Florida panhandle today. The Company is in close contact with its employees and service providers throughout the impacted region to ensure extra coverage during the state of emergency.
“We want our members in the path of this storm to rest assured that they will be well taken care of before, during and after Hurricane Michael, regardless of its impact, which we hope will be sparing,” said Mike Jones, president of Molina Healthcare of Florida. “Molina providers and staff will continue providing urgent, emergency and other needed services regardless of prior authorization status until the state of emergency declared by Governor Scott has been lifted.”
Molina Healthcare of Florida is taking the following action during the state of emergency:
- Suspending prior authorization requirements for all prescriptions and medical attention;
- Covering medical services regardless of participating or non-participating provider networks;
- Proactively contacting high-risk members to ensure their medical needs are met during this time.
Molina members affected by the hurricane can visit our website or call one of the following numbers for more information:
- Customer Service: (866) 472-4585
- Behavioral Health Services (Beacon Health Options): (855) 371-3945
- Behavioral Health (Access Behavioral Health, Region one*): (866) 477-6725
- Non-Emergency Transportation Line: (877) 775-7340
About Molina Healthcare of Florida:
Since 2008, Molina Healthcare of Florida’s mission has been to provide government-funded, quality health care for low-income individuals. As of June 30, 2018, the company serves approximately 398,000 members through Medicaid, Medicare and Health Insurance Exchange programs. Visit MolinaHealthcare.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube.
*Region one: Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Walton Counties.