At its second annual Community Champions Awards in Grand Rapids, Molina Healthcare of Michigan celebrated the good deeds of five local residents who have exemplified a passion for serving others in their daily lives. All winners were nominated by a community-based organization and received a $1,000 grant to give back to a deserving nonprofit organization of his/her choice.
The 2016 Community Champions winners and their grant recipients were:
- Monique Salinas, PhD, Mind Meets Music
- Don J. Tynes, MD, READY Tae Kwon Do
- Brooke Robertson-Roff, Grand Rapids HQ
- Khan Nedd, MD, Grand Rapids African American Health Institute
- Ramona Wallace, DO, Kids’ Food Basket
Molina’s annual Community Champions program celebrates the vision of Dr. C. David Molina, the founder of Molina Healthcare, as well as community partners who work together to care for society’s most vulnerable individuals.
The awards dinner was held at the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park and included entertainment by Aquinas College Jazz Band.