When can you enroll for Marketplace Health Insurance?
You can enroll or change your plan at any time during the yearly Open Enrollment Period, which spans from November 1 through December 15.
If you have certain life changes any time of year, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Life changes include:
- Losing your job or having a change in income
- Moving to a new zip code, county or state
- Getting married or divorced
- Having a baby or adopting a child
- Becoming a U.S. citizen
- Being released from prison
- Losing eligibility for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Plan
- Having your COBRA coverage expire
- Gaining Indian tribe status
- If you were determined to be eligible for Medicaid and have since been notified that you are not