Molina provides pediatric vision services to members under the age of 19.
Pediatric Vision Services (for Members under age 19 only)
Comprehensive Vision Exam
(Limited to 1 each calendar year)
- Limited to 1 pair of frames every calendar year
- Limited to a selection of covered frames
- Limited to 1 pair every calendar year
- Single vision, lined bifocal, lined trifocal, lenticular lenses, polycarbonate lenses
- All lenses include scratch resistant coating and ultraviolet protection (UV)
Prescription Contact Lenses
In lieu of prescription glasses, prescription contact lenses covered with a minimum 3-month supply for any of the following modalities every calendar year:
- Standard (one pair annually)
- Monthly (six-month supply)
- Bi-weekly (three-month supply)
- Dailies (three-month supply)
Medically necessary contact lenses for specified medical conditions require Prior Authorization.
Low Vision Optical Devices and Services
(Subject to limitations. Prior Authorization applies.)
Vision benefits included for children through age 18, and available for adults who purchase plans with adult vision benefits. Click here to find a list of eye doctors or call Vision Service Plan (VSP) at (844) 292-4903.
here to see the pediatric eye glass frame collection under your coverage.
click here to view your Pediatric Vision Rider Evidence of Coverage