You can enroll or change your plan at any time during the yearly Open Enrollment Period, which spans from November 1 through December 15.
If you have certain life changes any time of year, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Life changes include:
- Losing your job or having a change in income
- Moving to a new zip code, county or state
- Getting married or divorced
- Having a baby or adopting a child
- Becoming a U.S. citizen
- Being released from prison
- Losing eligibility for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Plan
- Having your COBRA coverage expire
- Gaining Indian tribe status
- If you were determined to be eligible for Medicaid and have since been notified that you are not
We can answer your questions and help you find out if you qualify. For more information, contact us or visit HealthCare.gov.
Impacted by a hurricane in 2017? Visit HealthCare.gov to see if you qualify for an extended Special Enrollment Period.