You must report your Medicaid eligibility with your local County Department of Job and Family Services (CDJFS) every 12 months or you will lose your benefits. This renewal process is called Medicaid Redetermination.
How do I renew my Medicaid eligibility?
You must renew your eligibility by reporting your income to your local CDJFS. There are 4 ways to renew your benefits:
Online: Go to www.benefits.ohio.gov. Log in to your account and click the “Renew my Benefits” tab.
- Log in to your self-service portal account, or click “sign up” if you don’t have an account
- Click on “Link My Case(s)”
- Select “Renew My Benefits”
- Complete the necessary steps to submit your renewal
- By Phone: Call the Medicaid Hotline at (800) 324-8680, option 8 (TTY: (800) 292-3572).
- By Mail: Complete the form you received in the mail and send it to your local CDJFS. You can find the address on the front page of the letter or on the County Agency Directory.
- In Person: Visit your local CDJFS to drop off your forms in a drop box. Bring the documents you need to report your income and fill out a form in person when the office is open.
What if I need a ride to the CDJFS office?
As a Molina Healthcare member, you may use your extra transportation benefit to schedule a ride to your local CDJFS office. Call (866) 642-9279 at any time to schedule a ride. Call at least two business days before you need a ride.
How often do I need to renew my Medicaid benefits?
You only need to renew your Medicaid benefits every 12 months.
What information do I need to renew my benefits?
To renew your benefits, you must have:
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants who need insurance).
- Employer and income information for you and everyone in your family. This includes pay stubs, W-2 forms, or wage and tax statements.
- Policy numbers for your current health insurance.
- Information about job-related insurance available to you and your family.
If you do not give enough information to determine your eligibility, the CDJFS will ask you for more information. You will keep your Medicaid-covered benefits until the CDJFS decides whether or not you are eligible for continued benefits.
What happens after I report my income?
The form will be processed and you will hear back from the CDJFS in 1-2 weeks. You will get instructions from your local CDJFS on the next steps to complete the renewal process.
If you don’t hear back within 2 weeks, call your local CDJFS or the Ohio Medicaid Hotline at (800) 324-8680.
Who can help me renew my Medicaid benefits?
Your local CDJFS office can help you renew your benefits. They collect and process your information. They decide if you still qualify for benefits. Click here to find your local CDJFS.
For additional resources, you can:
- Call the Ohio Medicaid Hotline at (800) 324-8680 (TTY 711).
- Call 2-1-1, a free and confidential resource available at any time.
- Visit the Benefit Bank website at www.thebenefitbank.org.
- Find a Certified Application Counselor at www.uhcanohio.org.
What if I didn't report my income in time and I lost my benefits?
If you did not report your income before your Medicaid Renewal deadline, you will get a termination letter from the CDJFS. The termination letter will tell you that you no longer get Medicaid benefits.
You have 90 days from the day you get your termination letter to renew your Medicaid benefits. See “How do I renew my Medicaid eligibility?” above to find out how to renew your benefits.
If you do not submit your Medicaid Redetermination paperwork in the 90 days after your Medicaid Renewal deadline, you will no longer be eligible to go through the Medicaid Redetermination process. You must re-apply for Medicaid benefits.
What if my Medicaid benefits were ended by mistake?
If you think your benefits were ended by mistake, you can ask the Ohio Department of Medicaid to review their termination decision. This is called an appeal. You can find out how to appeal by calling the Ohio Department of Medicaid at (800) 324-8680. Your eligibility and other important information will be explained to you.
I receive waiver services and missed my Medicaid renewal date. What should I do?
Contact your Care Manager and Waiver Services Coordinator right away. Changes to your Medicaid coverage may impact how you get your needed health services.
What if I don’t qualify for Medicaid and still need help?
You may qualify for other health insurance. The Health Insurance Marketplace is a great way to get health insurance for less. Visit Molina Marketplace to learn more or call (855) 540-1982 (TTY/TDD: 711).
To learn more about Marketplace, go to www.Healthcare.gov or call (800) 318-2596.
What should I do if my income changes?
If your income changes at any time, you must report this to your local CDJFS within 10 days.
Changes of income can include the following:
‐ One-time gifts or payments
‐ Change in hourly wage or salary
‐ Change in full-time or part-time status
‐ Gain or loss of employment
If you do not report your income, you run the risk of losing your benefits and will be responsible for any bills that were paid either by Molina Healthcare or the Ohio Department of Medicaid.