How to Enroll in California State Medi-Cal Medicaid Health Insurance Plans
Find out if you can get Medi-Cal benefits. (Your “county eligibility worker” can tell you.)
- If you can get Medi-Cal benefits, you fill out an enrollment form.
- You can get an enrollment form from Health Care Options, the organization that enrolls Medi-Cal members into health plans.
You can choose Molina Healthcare from a list of health plans. (It takes up to 45 days before you become a Molina Healthcare member.)
Signing up a new baby
- To sign up your new baby for Molina Healthcare, you must call your “county eligibility worker” as soon as possible after delivery to add your baby to Medi-Cal.
- Your newborn baby is covered for the birth month and for the month after birth under your Medi-Cal.
- You must enroll your new baby in Molina Healthcare for continued coverage.
Contact Health Care Options (HCO) at (800) 430-4263 to get an enrollment form. Health Care Options can also help you find your county eligibility worker.
For more information, call Member Services at (888) 665-4621.