Member Rights & Responsibilities
Member Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to:
- Get the facts about Molina Healthcare, our services and providers who contract with us to provide services.
- Have privacy and be treated with respect and dignity.
- Help make decisions about your health care. You may refuse treatment.
- Ask for and receive a copy of your medical records or ask for us to amend or correct them.
- Openly talk about your treatment options in a way you understand them. It does not matter what the cost or benefits coverage.
- Voice any complaints (grievance) or appeals about Molina Healthcare or the care you were given.
- Use your member rights without fear of negative results.
- Receive the members’ rights and responsibilities at least yearly.
- Suggest changes to this policy.
You have the responsibility to:
- Give, if you can, all facts to Molina Healthcare and the providers need to care for you.
- Know your health problems and take part in making agreed upon treatment goals as much as possible.
- Follow the plan and instructions for care you agree to with your provider.
- Treat your providers with respect.
- Keep appointments and be on time. If you are going to be late or cannot keep the appointment, call your provider.
- Show your Molina Healthcare ID Card and your Medicaid Services card (for Apple Health Medicaid members) for all services. Also show the ID Card for any other insurance you may have including Medicare.