Mental Health

What’s covered

Molina Healthcare covers outpatient mental health treatment services with licensed mental health specialists.

You may self-refer for an initial evaluation and outpatient behavioral health services or visit your Primary Care Provider (PCP). Your PCP may treat some behavioral health conditions such as depression or excessive alcohol use.

Specialty mental health services may include:

  • Initial evaluation and follow-up specialty evaluations as needed
  • Individual, group and/or family treatment services
  • Medication management
  • Peer support
  • outpatient services
  • Day support/partial hospital program
  • Stabilization services
  • Additional services
  • Autism/Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Program

Note: As of January 1, 2018, the following are covered:

  • Annual depression screening for youth ages twelve (12) to eighteen (18), and up to age twenty (20) per EPSDT requirements
  • Depression screening for mothers/caregivers of children up to six months old

How to find a mental health provider

Go to our Find a Provider page and follow these easy steps:

  • Select your city or enter zip code
  • "Distance Within" - Select miles of how far you want to travel
  • "Coverage" - select Medicaid
  • "Provider Type" - select ​"Behavioral Health" or “Behavioral Health-Pediatric”
  • Click "Search"
  • How do members get care?

    Call Member Services at (800) 869-7165 if you need help getting mental health services. We can help you get the care you need.



    If you need help finding mental health services or if you feel that your rights have been violated, please call your regional behavioral health Ombuds. An Ombuds is a person who is an available option to provide free and confidential assistance with resolving concerns related to your behavioral health services (mental health or substance use). They can help if you have a behavioral health grievance, appeal, or fair hearing to resolve your concerns. The Ombuds is independent of your health plan. It is provided by a person or a person whose family member has had behavior health services. Ombuds know the services well and can help people resolve problems.

    Use the phone numbers below to contact an Ombuds in your area:

    Region Counties Ombuds
    Great RiversCowlitz, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Pacific, WahkiakumIn Cowlitz, Pacific and Wahkiakum counties:
    (866) 731-7403
    (360) 414-0237

    In Lewis and Grays Harbor counties:
    (833) 721-6011
    (360) 266-7578
    Greater ColumbiaAsotin, Benton, Columbia, Franklin, Garfield, Kittitas, Walla Walla, Whitman, Yakimar(833) 783-9444
    (509) 783-9444
    KingKing(800) 790-8049 #3
    (206) 477-0630
    North CentralChelan, Douglas, Grant, Okanogan(844) 636-2038
    North SoundIsland, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Whatcom(888) 336-6164
    (360) 416-7004
    PiercePierce(800) 531-0508
    SalishClallam, Jefferson, Kitsap(888) 377-8174
    (360) 692-1582
    SpokaneAdams, Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens(866) 814-3409
    (509) 477-4666
    SouthwestClark, Klickitat, Skamania(866) 666-5070
    Thurston-MasonMason, Thurston(800) 658-4105
    (360) 763-5793

    Washington Recovery Help Line is a statewide 24-hour crisis intervention and referral line for those struggling with issues related to substance abuse, problem gambling and mental health. If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health, substance use or problem gambling crisis please call (866) 789-1511 or click here

    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24/7): 1-800-273-TALK or text 741741

    WA Teen Link - Phone & Chat: (866) TeenLink, Trained teens respond 7 days/week, 6-9:30 PM

    Forefront Cares: Support for family members or loved who have lost someone to suicide

    WA Warm Line: (877) 500-WARM
    Peer support for people living with emotional and mental health challenges. (Wed.-Sun. 5-9 PM)

    WA Perinatal Support Line: (888) 404-7763
    Mental health support, info & referrals for pregnant women

    Behavioral Health Support Groups

    Gamblers Anonymous: (855) 222-5542

    AL-Anon & ALA-Teen: (800) 726-8094 Support for family members who have loved ones experiencing alcohol use problems.

    For other support groups and 12 step support groups (such as Alcoholics Anonymous) Google 12 step meetings and/or support groups + your city

    Advocacy Organizations

    National Alliance on Mental Illness
    Substance Abuse and Mental Health National Health Line:
    (800) 662-HELP (4357)

    Educational Resources

    Opioid Safety crisis and treatment resources including medication assisted treatment for opioid addiction



    Suicide Prevention