Your Primary Care Provider (PCP)
What is a Primary Care Provider (PCP) and why are they so important?
- A PCP takes care of your health care needs and gets to know you well.
- You may think that you should not see your PCP until you are sick. That is not true.
- Get to know your PCP even when you are well.
- Seeing your PCP for checkups allows problems to be found early. If you need special care, your PCP will help.
- Go for yearly checkups to stay healthy. Go to your PCP for checkups, tests and test results, shots and – of course – when you or your child is ill.
- Go to the emergency room if you need to be treated right away for life-threatening situations.