Type Size:
We use cookies on our website. Cookies are used to improve the use of our website and analytic purposes. By using our website, you consent to our use of cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy. Read more . I agree

Behavioral Health

Doctor and patient
(Mental health and substance use disorder treatment services)

Molina Healthcare covers outpatient and inpatient behavioral health treatment services with licensed mental health and substance use disorder specialists.

You may self-refer for an initial evaluation and outpatient behavioral health services or visit your Primary Care Provider (PCP). Your PCP may treat some behavioral health conditions such as depression or excessive alcohol use.

Crisis services are available ​for members having a mental health emergency. Learn more. ​

Mental health services may include:

  • Initial evaluation and follow-up specialty evaluations as needed
  • Individual, group and/or family treatment services
  • Medication management
  • Peer support
  • Outpatient services
  • Day support/partial hospital program
  • Stabilization services

Substance use disorder treatment services may include:

  • Initial evaluation and specialty follow-up evaluation as needed
  • Withdrawal management (detoxification)
  • Outpatient treatment
  • Inpatient residential treatment
  • Opiate use disorder medications and treatment services
  • Recovery support

Note: As of January 1, 2018, the following are covered:

  • Annual depression screening for youth ages twelve (12) to eighteen (18), and up to age twenty (20) per EPSDT requirements
  • Depression screening for mothers/caregivers of children up to six months old

To see a detailed list of covered behavioral health services click here and search for “mental health services” and “drug and alcohol treatment”

How to find a behavioral health provider
Find a behavioral health provider in your area by clicking here.

You can also go to our Find a Provider page and follow these easy steps:

  1. Select your city or enter zip code
  2. "Distance Within" - Select miles of how far you want to travel
  3. "Coverage" - select Medicaid
  4. "Provider Type" - select "Behavioral Health"
  5. Click "Search"

How do members get care?
Call Member Services if you need help getting behavioral health services. We can help you get the care you need.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​



If you need help finding mental health services or if you feel that your rights have been violated, please call your regional behavioral health Ombuds. An Ombuds is a person who is an available option to provide free and confidential assistance with resolving concerns related to your behavioral health services (mental health or substance use). They can help if you have a behavioral health grievance, appeal, or fair hearing to resolve your concerns. The Ombuds is independent of your health plan. It is provided by a person or a person whose family member has had behavior health services. Ombuds know the services well and can help people resolve problems.

Use the phone numbers below to contact an Ombuds in your area:

Region Counties Ombuds
Great Rivers Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Pacific, Wahkiakum In Cowlitz, Pacific and Wahkiakum counties:
(866) 731-7403
(360) 414-0237

In Lewis and Grays Harbor counties:
(833) 721-6011
(360) 266-7578
Greater Columbia Asotin, Benton, Columbia, Franklin, Garfield, Kittitas, Walla Walla, Whitman, Yakima (833) 783-9444
(509) 783-9444
King King (800) 790-8049 #3
(206) 477-0630
North Central Chelan, Douglas, Grant, Okanogan (844) 636-2038
North Sound Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Whatcom (888) 336-6164
(360) 416-7004
Pierce Pierce (800) 531-0508
Salish Clallam, Jefferson, Kitsap (888) 377-8174
(360) 692-1582
Spokane Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens (866) 814-3409
(509) 477-4666
Southwest Clark, Klickitat, Skamania (866) 666-5070
Thurston-Mason Mason, Thurston (800) 658-4105
(360) 763-5793

Help Lines

Washington Recovery Help Line is a statewide 24-hour crisis intervention and referral line for those struggling with issues related to substance abuse, problem gambling and mental health. If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health, substance use or problem gambling crisis please call (866) 789-1511 or click here

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24/7): 1-800-273-TALK or text 741741

WA Teen Link - Phone & Chat: (866) TeenLink, 866TeenLink.org Trained teens respond 7 days/week, 6-9:30 PM

Forefront Cares : Support for family members or loved who have lost someone to suicide.

WA Warm Line: (877) 500-WARM
Peer support for people living with emotional and mental health challenges. (Wed.-Sun. 5-9 PM)

WA Perinatal Support Line: (888) 404-7763
Mental health support, information & referrals for pregnant women

Behavioral Health Support Groups

Gamblers Anonymous: (855) 222-5542

AL-Anon & ALA-Teen: (800) 726-8094
Support for family members who have loved ones experiencing alcohol use problems.

For other support groups and 12 step support groups (such as Alcoholics Anonymous) Google “12 step meetings and/or support groups near me”

Advocacy Organizations

National Alliance on Mental Illness

Substance Abuse and Mental Health National Health Line : (800) 662-HELP (4357)

Educational Resources

Opioid Safety

Stopoverdose.org : crisis and treatment resources including medication assisted treatment for opioid addiction



Suicide Prevention

Member Handbook
It tells you what you need to know about your Molina Healthcare Apple Health (Medicaid) He​alth Plan. Read here.


You are leaving the Molina Medicare product webpages and going to Molina’s non-Medicare web pages. Click Ok to continue.

This link will take you away from the Dual Options section of MolinaHealthcare.com

You are about to leave the Molina healthcare website. Click Ok to continue.

This link will take you away from the Dual Options section of MolinaHealthcare.com

You are leaving the Molina Medicare product webpages and going to Molina’s non-Medicare web pages. Click Ok to continue.

You are leaving the Molina Healthcare website. Are you sure?

This information is for Doctors and
Health Care Professionals only.

X Please wait. Washington info is loading. Cancel