Prepare for open enrollment. The open enrollment period for coverage effective on January 1, 2024 opens on November 1 and closes December 15. Enrolling after December 15 will qualify you for coverage effective February 1, 2024. Open enrollment ends January 15th, 2024.
If you have certain life changes any time of year, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Life changes include:
- Losing your job or having a change in income
- Moving to a new zip code, county or state
- Getting married or divorced
- Having a baby or adopting a child
- Becoming a U.S. citizen
- Being released from prison
- Losing eligibility for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Plan
- Having your COBRA coverage expire
- Gaining Indian tribe status
- If you were determined to be eligible for Medicaid and have since been notified that you are not
We can answer your questions and help you find out if you qualify. For more information, contact us or visit Washington HealthPlanFinder .