Did you know that as a member of Passport, you have certain rights and responsibilities? Knowing your rights and responsibilities will help you, your family, your provider and Passport ensure that you get the covered services and care that you need. You have the right to:
- Get the facts about Passport and our services. Also get a list of providers who contract with us, and the member rights and responsibilities.
- Have privacy and be treated with respect.
- Help make decisions about your care. You may refuse treatment.
- Receive a copy of your medical records.
- Request a change or correction to your records.
- Discuss your treatment options with your doctor or other health care provider in a way you know them. Cost or benefit coverage does not matter.
- Voice any complaints or send in appeals about Passport or the care you were given.
- Use your member rights without fear of adverse results.
- Receive the members’ rights and responsibilities each year.
- Suggest changes to our rights and responsibilities policy.
You also have the responsibility to:
- Give all facts that Passport and the providers need to care for you.
- Know your health problems and take part in joint decisions about treatment goals.
- Follow the treatment plan instructions for the care you agree to with your provider.
- Keep appointments and be on time. If you’re going to be late or cannot keep an appointment, call your provider.