Molina Healthcare Patient Safety Program
Molina Healthcare wants you and your family to be safe and healthy. We have a Patient Safety Program to help us meet this goal. This program gives you the safety facts so you can make better health care choices. Here are a few of the things we do to improve safety:
- Give you information about providers.
- Keep track of member concerns about safety problems in their provider’s office or hospital.
- Look at reports from groups that check safety. These groups check the safety in hospitals and other sites. Reports tell us about enough staff in the intensive care unit (ICU), use of drug orders and other key information.
- Help members move from one setting to another, such as leaving the hospital to go home.
- Educate members about what to ask when you see a provider.
Groups that check safety:
- Leap Frog Quality Index Ratings (www.leapfroggroup.org)
- The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goal Ratings (www.jointcommission.org)
- Molina Healthcare members can look at these websites:
- To see what hospitals are doing to be safer.
- To know what to look for when they pick a provider or a hospital.
- Get information about programs and services for members with problems like diabetes and asthma.
We also let you know:
- How to make your home safer.
- How to get the most out of your provider visits.
- How to keep poisons and medicines out of the reach of your children.
- How to have fun and still be safe outdoors.
*You may request printed copies of all content posted on our website.