Office of Individual and Family Affairs
What is the Office of Individual and Family Affairs (OIFA)?
The Office of Individual and Family Affairs, called OIFA (oy-fuh), is a team of people here at Molina that will join you on your healthcare journey when you want or need it.
- We have been where you are. We share stories of our own health experiences and recovery.
- We speak your language.
- We will listen without boxes to check or time constraints.
- We will help you navigate the healthcare system.
- We will visit you in the hospital or in the community if you want.
- We will connect you to community resources.
- We will elevate your voice.
- We will support you as you voice your concerns and complaints.
- We will connect you with others like you who want to change how our system works.
- We believe recovery and wellness are possible for every person.
At AHCCCS, OIFA promotes recovery, resiliency, and wellness. We have the same kind of team here. In fact, every AHCCCS health plan has one!
We are experts in mental health and substance use, and can get involved with other health situations. We emphasize the power of lived experience, peer and family relationships, and member voice and choice.
Molina AZ OIFA promotes the availability of peer support and credentialed family support services. These services involve professionals who can connect with you, share their own stories of recovery, and help you navigate the system. Peer support services and credentialed family support services can be used to support members and families in programs for behavioral health, including but not limited to Transition Aged Youth, substance use disorder in youth, and substance use disorder and adults.
OIFA builds partnerships with individuals, families, young people, communities, organizations and we collaborate with providers, key advocacy leaders, and community members in the decision-making process at all levels of the health system.
Here are some ways to learn more or reach out for more information:
Call Josh Sprunger, OIFA Administrator:
Check out AHCCCS OIFA and their awesome Navigational Tools: