How to Enroll in California State Medi-Cal (Medicaid) Health Insurance Plans
What is Medi-Cal?
- Medi-Cal is California’s Medicaid program and provides no-cost or low-cost health coverage to qualified California residents.
Who is eligible to enroll with Medi-Cal and Molina Healthcare?
- Adults, families with children, seniors, and persons with disabilities
- Individuals who meet the states income guidelines and other eligibility requirements
- Undocumented adults under the age of 26 or ages 50+
- Individuals residing in Molina’s service areas
How can I apply for Medi-Cal?
Call our Molina Enrollment Representatives at (877) 385-3884, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.. TTY call 711
Other ways to enroll are:
- Calling Health Care Options at (800) 430-4263 or visit them at www.healthcareoptions.dhcs.ca.gov. TTY users call (800) 430-7077.
- Apply by Mail by using the a single Streamlined Application. Available in English and other languages https://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/medi-cal/eligibility/Pages/SingleStreamApps.aspx
- Apply in Person at your local County Social Services Office https://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/medi-cal/Pages/CountyOffices.aspx
- Apply online https://www.coveredca.com/