Molina Healthcare of Ohio Commits $1.5 Million to Advance the Health of Ohioans Through its 2020 Community Innovation Fund
COLUMBUS, Ohio, May 7, 2020 – Molina Healthcare of Ohio (“Molina”) is dedicated to building healthier communities and is committing over $1.5 million to support innovative programs across Ohio.
The Molina Community Innovation Fund will provide grants and sponsorships to various partners launching innovative programs designed to increase access to care, provide unique approaches to reinforce health and wellness, and support integrated care services. The funding also supports organizations helping to fill community needs around social determinants of health, which can have a lasting effect on the health outcomes of women, children, and vulnerable seniors. Through Molina’s efforts with partner organizations, Ohioans will be provided with additional access to resources that support their physical and behavioral health, especially amid the COVID crisis.
“Molina Healthcare is committed to the wellness of all Ohioans, especially those in vulnerable communities,” said Ami Cole, plan president of Molina Healthcare of Ohio. “Programs that address social determinants of health such as access to stable housing, nutritious food, transportation, job skills training, and everyday essentials have a significant impact on the health and wellbeing of Ohioans. Molina’s Community Innovation Fund allows us to partner with community organizations and help them provide these much-needed programs and resources to their communities.”
Grants from this program are helping improve the lives of Ohioans in areas including:
- Increasing behavioral health access via telehealth for Ohio’s youth;
- Providing increased capacity for school-based health care for children and families;
- Completing lead abatement in childcare settings;
- Supporting new mothers with diapers and other essentials during home visits;
- Helping individuals obtain needed identification documents and necessary skills to secure stable employment;
- Feeding community members experiencing homelessness or financial distress with nutritious foods;
- Increasing access to dental care by bringing services to the community through a mobile dental model; and
- Proving age-appropriate books for young Ohioans.
In 2019, Molina of Ohio donated over $1 million to various community organizations through its Community Innovation Fund.
About Molina Healthcare of Ohio
Since 2005, Molina Healthcare of Ohio has been providing government-funded, quality health care to low-income individuals. As of March 31, 2020, the Company serves approximately 300,000 members through Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare-Medicaid (Duals) and Health Insurance Exchange programs across the state. To learn more, visit MolinaHealthcare.com.