Molina Healthcare of Texas Helps Members Endure Difficult Winter Storm
DALLAS, Feb. 17, 2021 — Molina Healthcare of Texas (“Molina”) is actively reaching out to and supporting its members, providers, and employees who may be impacted by the bitter storm gripping much of Texas.
“As Texans continue to struggle with the severity of this winter storm, Molina is taking steps to assist our members during this difficult time,” said Anne Rote, president of Molina Healthcare of Texas. “Molina employees and providers are working around the clock to help our members get needed services and resources.
During this event, members who have needs that arise because of the severe weather may reach out to Molina for assistance. Molina is providing the following support for members and providers:
- Allowing emergency refills for medications that require prior authorization along with early refills for prescriptions;
- Working with our members and providers to ensure those impacted have access to needed care;
- Providing access to our 24x7 Nurse Advice Line as well as telehealth providers;
- Tracking all employees to ensure their safety and well-being; and
- Working with state and local authorities as well as community organizations to support recovery efforts.
Molina members and providers affected by the winter storm can visit our secure member and provider portals around the clock. Molina members can visit our website or call 866-449-6849 for more information.
About Molina Healthcare of Texas
Since 2006, Molina Healthcare of Texas has been providing government-funded care for low-income individuals. As of December 31, 2020, the company served approximately 357,000 members through Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare, Medicare-Medicaid (Duals) and Health Insurance Exchange programs, with service areas across Texas.