What is a primary care provider (PCP) and why is she or he so important?
- A PCP takes care of your health care needs and gets to know you well.
- You may think that you should not see your PCP until you are sick. That is not true.
- Get to know your PCP even when you are well.
- Seeing your PCP for checkups allows problems to be found early. If you need special care, your PCP will help.
- Go for yearly checkups to stay healthy. Go to your PCP for checkups, tests and test results, shots and – of course – when you or your child is ill.
- You do not have to go to the emergency room unless you have something that is so serious that your life is in danger.
Click for Tips for your Doctor Visit.