We want you to stay well and live independently
Molina Healthcare is dedicated to getting you the help and care you need. If you qualify, there are Waiver Programs available which will provide you additional services to help you live independently. Molina Healthcare covers the waiver services in addition to your medical health care benefits.
The Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) has waiver services available for members who qualify. DHS performs an assessment, called a determination of need (DON), to see if a member qualifies for waiver services. If a member qualifies for waiver services, the member will be able to get additional home and community-based services.
Members who qualify will get a Waiver Program Handbook Supplement (Long Term Services and Supports) with more information in their new member welcome packet.
The Waiver Programs offer Long Term Services and Supports to help you live in your own home or in a community setting. Your case manager, also known as a care coordinator, will work with you, your family or guardian to find the right type of service. The case manager will also work to find the right amount and how long you will get those services. Not all services will be right for you. Once you agree to these services, your case manager will work with you to arrange them.
There are five waiver programs offered to eligible Molina Healthcare Family Health Plan members.
- The Elderly Waiver is for those people 60 years or older that live in the community. Learn more.
- The Persons with Disabilities Waiver is for those people 19 to 59 years of age who have a physical disability. Learn more.
- The Persons with a Brain Injury Waiver is for people who have an injury to the brain. Learn more.
- The People with HIV or AIDS Waiver is for individuals that have been diagnosed with HIV or AIDS. Learn more.
- The Supportive Living Facilities (SLF) Waiver is for individuals that need assistance with the activities of daily living and reside in a supportive living facility. Learn more.
For members served by the Persons with Disabilities Waiver, the Persons with Brain Injury Waiver and the People with HIV/AIDS Waiver, you may be eligible for Personal Assistant Services. A Personal Assistant is an in-home caregiver that you hire and manage. Your Molina Healthcare case manager will help you assess if you are eligible for Personal Assistant Services. Read more.
Waiver Programs Handbook Supplement
It tells you what you need to know about the Waiver Programs Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) available to eligible Molina Healthcare Family Health Plan members. .
Who do I contact for more information?
Please call your dedicated Molina Healthcare case manager, or call Member Services at (855) 687-7861 TTY: 711,8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday- Friday. if you have questions.