We want to share some important information about a change in your Centennial Care health plan and the Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) that provide Centennial Care services.
Molina Healthcare of New Mexico, Inc. was not selected to provide Medicaid services beginning January 1, 2019.
Presbyterian Health Plan and Blue Cross Community Centennial will continue to be MCOs contracted with the State to provide services starting January 1, 2019. Western Sky Community Care will also be available as a new MCO providing services starting January 1, 2019.
What does this mean for you?
- You will continue to get your current health care services and prescription drug coverage with Molina Healthcare through December 31, 2018. The benefits and services listed in your Member Handbook will be available through that date.
- You should have received a letter from the State of New Mexico Human Services Department (HSD) in a turquoise envelope around October 1, 2018. It told you about the changes and what you need to do to choose another Centennial Care MCO for January 1, 2019. If you have not received this letter, please contact HSD toll free at (888) 997-2583 or visit the HSD website at http://www.hsd.state.nm.us/centennial-care-2-0.aspx.
- Molina Healthcare will work to make sure you experience a smooth transition to your new MCO with no gaps in care. We will also be transferring medical records, authorizations, and other information to your new MCO.
- If you have services approved by Molina Healthcare scheduled after December 31, 2018, your new MCO will honor those approved services for up to 60 days after January 1, 2019.
- If you have a Molina Care Coordinator, a new one will be assigned to you by your new MCO. If any of your current providers are not with your new MCO, your new MCO will help you find new providers.
- You will begin to work with your new MCO and new Care Coordinator to develop a new care plan and service plan (when applicable).
- Your new MCO will send you a welcome packet. This welcome packet will include a Member Handbook. Make sure to read your new Member Handbook. It will give you more information about your new MCO.
- You will also receive a new Member ID Card from your new MCO. You will use your new ID Card starting January 1, 2019.
Until January 1, 2019, you will continue to be covered by Molina Healthcare for all your current benefits. This means:
- There will be no change to your medical or prescription drug coverage.
- You should continue to make appointments and meet with your doctors as you normally do.
- You should keep working with your Care Coordinator to get the care and services you need.
- You will keep getting your plan-covered drugs as prescribed by your doctors.
What if you have questions about your Medicaid coverage?
For questions about your Medicaid coverage please call our Member Services Department toll free at (800) 580-2811. For TTY call 711. You can also visit our website at http://www.molinahealthcare.com/members/nm/en-us/Pages/home.aspx.
Molina Healthcare is proud to have provided access to quality healthcare for our Members and their families. Thank you for choosing us as your MCO.