Medication Therapy Management Program
What is Medication Therapy Management (MTM)?
Molina Healthcare’s Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program is a service provided at no cost. MTM is not considered a benefit and is offered to members that meet certain criteria. A pharmacist or other trained health care provider will review your prescription, over-the-counter (OTC) and supplement/herbal medications with you over the phone. The goal of MTM is to help you understand your medicines, resolve side effects and answer questions you may have about your medication.
How do I Qualify for MTM?
Molina Healthcare determines MTM eligibility on a quarterly basis using medical and pharmacy claims information.
You qualify for MTM if you meet each of the three criteria below:
- Chronic Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
2.Take at least eight drugs that are covered under your Medicare Part D plan
3.Are likely to incur annual costs for covered Part D drugs equal to or greater than $4,255 in 2020
Once you meet the criteria, you will be automatically enrolled in the MTM program and mailed a letter with information about the program and how to contact us. We may also call you to schedule an appointment to speak with a pharmacist.
What is discussed during my MTM consultation?
In the comfort of your own home, a pharmacist or other trained health care provider will help you:
- Review all of your prescription, over-the-counter (OTC) and supplement/herbal medicines
- Discuss side effects you may have when taking certain medicines
- Answer questions you have about your medicine
- Suggest potential improvements to your medication regimen
- Make a list of your medicines with when and how you should take them
- Create goals for taking your medicine
How do I contact Molina to participate?
To participate in the Medication Therapy Management Program, please call (855) 658-0918, TTY/TDD 711, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. MT.