Am I Eligible?
If you qualify to join a health plan that is part of the Healthy Connections Prime Medicare-Medicaid (MMP) program, a letter will be sent with further instructions and details. This letter will explain how to pick a health plan, such as Molina Dual Options.
Molina Dual Options is available to individuals who meet all of the following criteria:
- Age 65 and older at the time of enrollment; and
- Entitled to benefits under Medicare Part A and enrolled under Medicare Parts B and D, and receiving full South Carolina Healthy Connections Medicaid benefits. This includes individuals enrolled in the Community Choices Waiver, HIV/AIDS Waiver and Mechanical Ventilator Dependent Waiver.
The following populations are ineligible for Molina Dual Options:
- Individuals under the age of 65;
- The Healthy Connections Medicaid Spend-down population;
- Individuals enrolled in both Medicare and Healthy Connections Medicaid who have Comprehensive Third Party Insurance;
- Individuals residing in an Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID) or Nursing Facility at the time of Demonstration eligibility determination;
- Individuals who are in a hospice program or are receiving End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) services at the time of Demonstration eligibility determination; and
- Individuals who are participating in federal waiver programs for home and community based Healthy Connections Medicaid coverage other than the Community Choices Waiver, HIV/AIDS Waiver and Mechanical Ventilator Dependent Waiver (e.g., Intellectual Disabilities and Related Disabilities Waiver, Head and Spinal Cord Injury Waiver, Community Supports Waiver, Medically Complex Children's Waiver, Pervasive Developmental Disorder Waiver and Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility Alternative CHANCE Waiver).
Check out our What's Covered section to learn about what our program has to offer and learn how to join Molina Dual Options.
You can also call Member Services to learn more.