Texas Medicaid and CHIP Renewal
Molina Healthcare wants to be sure you can continue to get quality health care. It’s important to know how and when you need to complete your Texas Medicaid and CHIP renewal forms to keep getting services.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission Resources
How do I renew my Texas Medicaid and CHIP benefits?
- If you receive Medicaid or CHIP, you have to renew your benefits each year. Molina wants to help you when the time comes for your Medicaid or CHIP renewal.
- There are two ways to make sure your benefits and services continue:
- Mail: You will get a renewal packet in the mail from HHSC. Look for an envelope that says “time sensitive”. It is important to complete any paperwork and submit it back to HHSC in a timely manner.
- Online: Go to Your Texas Benefits. You will be able to find the Texas Medicaid renewal form, check the status of your benefits and manage your benefits.
Where can I go to learn more about Medicaid and CHIP benefits?
- There are many ways that can help you get the information you need. These include:
- Your Texas Benefits - Renew Medicaid or CHIP coverage, apply for benefits, or check the status of your application.
- 2-1-1 Texas - Find local and community resources for help with food, housing and health care.
- Texas Health and Human Services - Learn more about Medicaid programs in Texas.
- CHIP Medicaid - Find information about renewing Medicaid or CHIP benefits and enrollment fees.
- Call Molina’s Member Services for any questions.
- CHIP, STAR, and STAR+PLUS: (877) 373-8977
What if I have questions about Texas Medicaid and CHIP renewal?
- If you have any questions or need help with your Texas Medicaid or CHIP renewal, call Member Services:
- CHIP, STAR and STAR+PLUS: (877) 373-8977
- You can also call 2-1-1. They can also help you if you would like to apply for Medicaid and CHIP.
What happens if I don’t renew my Medicaid or CHIP benefits?
- If you don’t respond in time, you might lose your benefits. That’s why it’s important for you to complete the Texas Medicaid renewal process each year
What do I do if I moved recently and didn’t receive my renewal letter?
- Call 2-1-1 to provide your most recent address. They can also help you with your renewal application.
What if I no longer qualify for Medicaid or CHIP benefits?
- If you no longer qualify for Medicaid or CHIP, you can save on benefits like free annual exams and virtual care, as well as protect your health with a great network of local providers—all with a Molina Marketplace plan. Call 844-802-7472 to learn more.
- If you are turning 65 or have certain disabilities, you may qualify for Medicare whether or not you are still eligible for Medicaid. We offer Medicare Advantage plans which include all Original Medicare benefits and much more. If you currently are eligible or may become eligible for Medicare, call 866-403-8293, TTY/TDD: 711. You can add on Molina Medicare even if you are still eligible for Medicaid.
Want to learn more about the health care we provide in your area? Click on Members for details about Molina Healthcare.