Members may file a grievance at anytime.
What is a grievance?
A grievance is an oral or written expression of dissatisfaction, including any complaint, dispute, request for reconsideration, or appeal made by a member.
What types of problems might lead to you filing a grievance?
- Problems with the quality of the medical care you receive, including quality of care during a hospital stay.
- If you feel that you are being encouraged to leave (dis-enroll from) your Molina Healthcare Health Plan.
- Problems with the member service you received.
- Problems with how long you have to spend waiting on the phone, in the waiting room, in a network pharmacy or in the exam room.
- Problems with getting appointments when you need them or having to wait a long time for an appointment.
- Disrespectful or rude behavior by doctors, nurses, receptionists, network pharmacists or other staff.
- Cleanliness or condition of doctor’s offices, clinics, network pharmacies or hospitals.
- If you disagree with our decision not to expedite your request for an expedited coverage determination, organization determination, redetermination or reconsideration.
- You believe our notices and other written materials are difficult to understand.
- Failure to give you a decision within the required timeframe.
- Failure to forward your case to the independent review entity if we do not give you a decision within the required timeframe.
If you have one of these types of problems and want to make a complaint, it is called “filing a grievance”. In certain cases, you can ask for an “expedited grievance,” meaning your grievance will be decided no later than 72 hours.
- Call Molina Healthcare Member Services at (888) 483-0760 or TTY at (800) 346-4128. We will try to solve any complaint (grievance) over the phone.
- Write a letter and mail it to:
Molina Healthcare of Utah
Attn: Complaints and Appeals
7050 S. Union Park Center, Suite 200
Midvale, Utah 84047
Be sure to include the following:
- Member’s first and last name
- Molina Healthcare ID number (It is on the front of your Molina Medicaid Member ID Card.)
- Member’s address and telephone number
- Explain the problem