Molina healthcare has special services and programs for members who need extra help managing a health problem. Living with health problems and managing them can be hard. Molina Healthcare offers programs that can help. This can be any adult or child who is receiving health services for an ongoing health problem. To make sure a member receives the proper care, Molina Healthcare staff is available to help the member coordinate care.
Molina Healthcare staff can help a member:
- Access services that they are eligible to receive
- Coordinate appointments and tests
- Coordinate transportation
- Identify any gaps in care or health care needs
- Access resources to help individuals with special health care needs and/or their caregivers deal with day-to-day stress
- Coordinate moving from one setting to another. This can include being discharged from the hospital
- Assessing eligibility for long-term care services and supports
- Connect with community resources
- Find services that might not be benefits. This includes community and social services programs such as physical therapy with the schools or "Meals on Wheels"
- Coordinate services with a primary care physician (PCP), family members, caregivers, representatives and any other identified provider
A member must meet certain requirements to be in any of these programs. Members can be referred to these programs through:
- Provider referrals
These programs are voluntary and they are offered at no cost to the member. A member can be removed from any program at any time at their request by calling Molina Healthcare's Member Services Department.
The Molina Care Management team is available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Care Management team can be reached at (800) 526-8196 ext. 127604.