Table of Contents/Topics
- Contacting Molina Healthcare
- Depression Screening and Follow-up
- Suicidal Ideation: Assessment and Intervention
- Anxiety Disorders: Identification and Intervention
- Cognitive Impairment: Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Assessment and Intervention for Substance and Opioid Use Disorders
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Assessment and Intervention: Bipolar Disorder
- Assessment and Intervention: Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders
- Assessment and Intervention: Eating Disorders
- Provider Education: Opioid Safety & Guidelines
- HEDIS® Tip Sheets for Behavioral Health (under Resources)
Welcome from Dr. Jayleen Harland and Dr. Kevin Middleton
Thank you for being part of Molina Healthcare’s network of providers.
We designed this Behavioral Health Toolkit for Providers to offer guidance regarding mental health and substance use conditions commonly seen in the primary care and community setting. Included are chapters addressing:
Assessment and Diagnosis of Behavioral Health Conditions in the Primary Care Setting including:
- Substance Use Disorders (Alcohol and Other Drugs and Opioid Use Disorders)
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
HEDIS® Tips including:
- Antidepressant Medication Management
- Follow-up Care for Children Prescribed ADHD Medication
- Follow-up After Hospitalization for Mental Illness
- Follow-up After Emergency Department Visit for Mental Illness
- Follow-up After Emergency Department Visit for Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse or Dependence
- Schizophrenia Management including:
- Diabetes Screening and Monitoring
- Cardiovascular Monitoring
- Adherence to Antipsychotic Medications
- Metabolic Monitoring for Children and Adolescents on Antipsychotics
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for People With Multiple High-Risk Chronic Conditions
- Use of Opioids
- at High Dosage
- from Multiple Providers
- Risk of Continued Use
- Initiation and Engagement of Alcohol and Other Drug Dependence Treatment
- Use of First-Line Psychosocial Care for Children and Adolescents on Antipsychotics
- Depression in Adolescents and Adults
- Screening and Follow-up (DSF)
- Utilization of the PHQ-9 to Monitor Depression Symptoms (DMS)
Risk Adjustment Education Tools for:
- Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Substance Use Disorders
We hope the information in this toolkit helps support your clinical practice.
Jayleen A. Harland, M.D., M.B.A.
Senior Medical Director.
BH & SUD Programs Molina Healthcare, Inc.
Kevin Middleton, Psy.D.
Senior Vice President
Behavioral Health Ops. Molina Healthcare, Inc.