Aged and Disabled (A&D) Waiver

We want you to stay well and live independently.

Molina Healthcare is dedicated to getting you the help and care you need. If you qualify, the Aged and Disabled Waiver is available to provide additional services to help you live independently either in your home or in a community setting. Your Care Coordinator will work with you, your family or guardian to find the right type of services that meet your specific needs. He or she will also work to find the the services you may need and how long you will get those services. Not all services will be right for you. Once you agree to these services, your Care Coordinator will work with you to arrange them to be provided to you.

The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare determines eligibility for the Aged and Disabled Waiver Program.

Covered Services
The following is a listing and description of the covered services that you may get under the Aged and Disabled Waiver:

  • Adult Day Health Care – Is a supervised, structured service provided outside your home. It can include health services, social services, recreation, supervision for safety and assistance with activities of daily living
  • Day Habilitation – Assistance in self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills outside of your home.
  • Homemaker Services – Assisting you with such things as laundry, essential errands, meal preparation and other housekeeping needs
  • Residential Habilitation – This service provides support needed in order for you to live successfully in your own home or with your family.
  • Respite Services – This allows for short-term breaks for your up-paid caregivers.
  • Supported Employment – This service provides assistance in finding a job in a suitable work setting for you
  • Attendant Care – The services will provide hands on assistance or reminders to help you perform everyday tasks
  • Adult Residential Care/Certified Family Home – This service is available to you if you reside in a residential care or assisted living facility or a certified family home. It includes such things as medication management, assistance with bathing and dressing, meals, housekeeping, and laundry.
  • Chore Services – Assisting you with such things as yard maintenance, shoveling snow, minor home repair, heavy housework, and washing windows
  • Companion Services – This service is provided in your home to make sure you are safe and provide assistance with bathing, dressing and light housekeeping
  • Consultation Services – This service is provided to you and/or your family if you choose to self-direct some of your covered services. See below for more information on self-direction
  • Environmental Accessibility Adaptations – This service allows for minor changes to your home to make it easier for you to remain at home. This may include building ramps, widening doorways, or making changes in your bathroom
  • Home Delivered Meals – Eating a well-balanced meal will help you to remain healthy and stay in your home
  • Non-medical Transportation – If you need a ride to get to places in your community, and you do not have family, neighbors, friends or community agencies who can provide this service without charge, you may receive this benefit
  • Personal Emergency Response System – This is an electronic device that allows you to call for help if you have fallen and can’t get up or if you have an emergency
  • Skilled Nursing – This service provides a nurse to come to your home if needed
  • Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies – This provides items that you need to allow you to remain independent and in your home

Under the A&D Waiver, self-direction of services is available for the following Home and Community Based Services through Personal Assistance Agencies (PAA) that act as Fiscal Intermediary (FI) Agencies:

  • Companion Services
  • Skilled Nursing
  • Consultation
  • Attendant Care
  • Homemaker
  • Chore Service

If you are interested in self-directing your care, please contact your care coordinator at (844) 239-4913 TTY/TTD:711
Monday - Friday 8AM - 5 PM local time

Who do I contact for more information?
For more information please contact Member Services.