Health Education Programs
Members can learn about healthy eating, exercise, and how to get the support you need to stick with a weight-control program. If local classes are available, you may also receive referrals to them.
Are you ready to quit? This no-cost program includes:
- Educational materials
- One-on-one counseling
- Nicotine replacement therapy or Zyban® if you are eligible and if you and your provider decide it's right for you
From now until after you give birth, get the education and services you need to keep you and your baby healthy. Depending on your needs, you may receive:
- Counseling over the phone
- Educational workbooks and other resources
- Coordination with social services
- Case management services by a nurse
If you are pregnant:
- See your provider as soon as you find out you're having a baby
- Go to every provider visit for prenatal care - don't miss any appointments. These visits can tell you how your baby is growing and get you ready for birth. We want you to have a healthy pregnancy and baby!
As part of the program, you will also learn ways to stay healthy after your pregnancy.
How do I enroll?
Please call our Health Education Department at (866) 472-9483 (TTY/TDD: 711), Monday to Friday, 4:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST. Our staff can give you more information. You can also ask for a referral or to sign up for a program.