Prescription Drugs and Medications
Prescriptions are provided at no cost to you when they are filled at approved pharmacies.
Some drugs ordered by your doctor may require prior approval.
- Covered prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs are listed on the drug list.
- Prior approval drugs are in gray on the drug list.
- Sometimes you may experience small delays in getting your prescriptions filled. This is because we have requested additional information from your doctor - which we need to approve your medication.
- Your doctor may request a prescription drug prior approval by faxing a prior authorization form to (888) 373-3059. Please remind your doctor when your medication requires a prior approval.
- If a drug does not appear in the drug list, your doctor may request a review by the pharmacist, by faxing a prior authorization form to (888) 373-3059.
Drug List (Formulary)
You may view the Molina Drug List (Formulary) here or by calling Member Services at (888) 898-7969, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST (TTY: 711). Drugs that are not covered by Molina Healthcare but are covered by Medicaid are subject to Medicaid co-pays.
Effective 9/30/2016, Molina Healthcare transitioned to Michigan's Common Drug Formulary.
To access the Michigan Common Formulary on the MDHHS website please click here.
View a list of pharmacies here.
It tells you what you need to know about your Molina Healthcare Healthy Michigan Program. Read here
How do members get care?
Call Member Services at (888) 898-7969, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST (TTY: 711).
- If you are a new Molina Healthcare member and need help with any of your medications.
- You need to ask about a drug.
- You have trouble getting a prescription filled at the pharmacy. (Please do not pay for the prescription.)
- Prescriptions are covered through Molina HealthCare's contracted pharmacies within Michigan. Prescriptions are covered outside of the state of Michigan (out of area) for emergency or urgent services only.
- You need an interpreter to communicate with the pharmacy about getting your medication.
- When you have an emergency and need drugs, Molina Healthcare will provide you with up to a 72-hour supply of the drug.
If you are hearing impaired please use Michigan Relay at (800) 649-3777 to speak with a Member Services representative. If you need written materials in a language other than English or require materials in a different format because of special needs, please contact Member Services at (888) 898-7969, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST (TTY: 711).