Table of Contents/Topics
- Contacting Senior Whole Health
- Depression Screening and Follow-up
- Suicidal Ideation: Assessment and Intervention
- Anxiety Disorders: Identification and Intervention
- Cognitive Impairment: Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Assessment and Intervention for Substance and Opioid Use Disorders
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Assessment and Intervention: Bipolar Disorder
- Assessment and Intervention: Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders
- Assessment and Intervention: Eating Disorders
- Provider Education: Opioid Safety & Guidelines
- HEDIS Tip Sheets for Behavioral Health
(in the SWH of MA Payer Spaces in the Availity Essentials Portal)
- Behavioral Health Resource One-Pagers for Providers
A Message from Dr. Jayleen Harland and Dr. Kevin Middleton
Thank you for being part of Molina Healthcare's network of providers.
We designed this Behavioral Health Toolkit for Providers to offer guidance regarding mental health and substance use conditions commonly seen in the primary care and community setting. Included are chapters addressing:
Assessment and Intervention of Behavioral Health Conditions in the Primary Care Setting including:
- Substance Use Disorders (Alcohol and Other Drugs) and Opioid Use Disorders
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Maternal Mental Health
HEDIS Tips including:
- Antidepressant Medication Management
- Follow-up After Hospitalization for Mental Illness
- Follow-up After Emergency Department Visit for Mental Illness
- Follow-up After Emergency Department Visit for Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse or Dependence
- Schizophrenia Management including:
- Diabetes Screening and Monitoring
- Cardiovascular Monitoring
- Adherence to Antipsychotic Medications
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for People with Multiple High-Risk Chronic Conditions
- Use of Opioids
- at High Dosage
- from Multiple Providers
- Risk of Continued Use
- Initiation and Engagement of Alcohol and Other Drug Dependence Treatment
- Depression in Adolescents and Adults
- Screening and Follow-up (DSF)
- Utilization of the PHQ-9 to Monitor Depression Symptoms (DMS)
Risk Adjustment Education Tools for:
- Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Substance Use Disorders
Continuing Educations Credits and Learning Material for You:
Through our partnership with PsychHub, an online platform for digital mental health education, Molina network providers are able to access PsychHub's library of educational courses and material at no charge. The available online training courses, called Learning Hubs, are designed to unlock a library of companion videos and resources and offer certification or continuing education credits upon completion. Continuing educations credits are available to select clinical licensures (i.e. social workers, nurses, etc.) for many of the courses. Throughout this Toolkit, you will see applicable courses available through the PsychHub platform relevant to each topic. To create an account at no cost, please visit the Molina PsychHub landing page at https://resources.psychhub.com/molina.
We hope the information in this toolkit helps support your clinical practice. We welcome any constructive feedback to make this toolkit as relevant as possible for you and your clinical practice. Please reach out to Melissa.Michels@MolinaHealthcare.com with any feedback or suggestions.
Jayleen A. Harland, M.D., M.B.A.
National Medical Director
BH & SUD Programs Molina Healthcare, Inc.
Kevin Middleton, Psy. D.
Senior Vice President
Behavioral Health Ops. Molina Healthcare, Inc.