Electronic Remittance Advice / Electronic Funds Transfer (ERA/EFT)
Molina Healthcare supports our Providers, and as such would like to highlight the many benefits ERA/EFT:
- Providers get faster payment (processing can take as little as 3 days from the day the claim was submitted)
- Providers can search for a historical Explanation of Payment-EOP (aka Remittance Advice) by claim number, member name, etc.
- Providers can view, print, download and save a PDF version of the Explanation of Payment for easy reference with no paperwork to store.
- Providers can have files routed to their ftp and/or their associated clearinghouse.
- Enrollment Information for ERA/EFT
The document below provides step-by-step instructions on how to register with Change Healthcare ProviderNet to receive electronic payments and remittance advices. Any questions during this process should be directed to Change Healthcare Provider Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 389-1160.
To register for EFT/835s, please go to https://providernet.adminisource.com/Start.aspx.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Does Molina offer Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)?
- Yes. Molina offers ERA/EFT with our contracted vendor solution Change Healthcare ProviderNet. Please refer to ERA/EFT Enrollment Information section for more information.
Do I get charged for being configured for EFT through Change Healthcare ProviderNet?
- No. This is a FREE service for you to take advantage of. Molina Healthcare picks up any fees related to the accessibility of your payment data as well as the EFT payment.
Why does registration for EFT/ERA require that I have received a paper check payment from Molina Healthcare?
The reason behind this necessity is to ensure that the person registering the Provider has the authority to do so and is aware of the Explanation of Payment-EOP (aka Remittance Advice) name and address information – while registering with Change Healthcare ProviderNet.
- An initial payment to at least one Tax ID + NPI association is necessary to become eligible for EFT thru Change Healthcare ProviderNet.
- If the Provider has multiple NPIs associated to one Tax ID, then only one affiliation needs a paper check number.
- If the Provider has multiple Tax IDs and NPIs, then each Tax ID would need a minimum of one paper check from Molina.
I called Change Healthcare ProviderNet, and they say I'm registered, but I'm still receiving paper checks?
Ensure you have completed the following verification steps:
- You must have signed and returned an ACH Authorization form as well as a voided check or bank verification letter for the account you designated to receive your deposits to Change Healthcare ProviderNet. It takes 24-48 hours for Change Healthcare ProviderNet to process these documents once received.
- You can verify whether Change Healthcare ProviderNet received/processed your documents by clicking on “Accounts” on your Control Panel in the Change Healthcare ProviderNet portal. You will see your account information at the bottom of the page.
- If the status says “Pending” you will need to wait until your account has been verified, and the status changes to “Verified.”
- If “ACH?” or “Check?” show “NO” then Change Healthcare ProviderNet has not received/processed your ACH Authorization Form and voided check/bank verification letter. If it has been more than 48 hours since the documents were sent, please re-send the documents. Documents may be faxed to 972-348-5524 or emailed to: email@example.com
- If status shows “Verified” and “ACH?” and “Check?” show “Yes” move on to next step.
- Please verify that the bank account and routing information provided to Change Healthcare ProviderNet is valid (this could possibly cause delays in finalizing of your set-up).
- The addresses in Change Healthcare ProviderNet need to EXACTLY match the addresses Molina Healthcare has on file.
- You can verify your Change Healthcare ProviderNet addresses by clicking on “Addresses” in the Change Healthcare ProviderNet Portal Control Panel.
- Click on “Address History” (toward the top of the page) and select each address/facility for which you would like to receive EFT payments, then click the “Save” button.
Note: If you are a Provider that has multiple NPIs that are receiving payments from Molina Healthcare, you will need to register each NPI. Please see the instructions for adding additional NPIs.
How long does it take for pre-note approval?
- Up to 10 calendar days.
Can I make a change to my bank account information on Change Healthcare ProviderNet?
- Yes, but if you change an account that is already verified and is associated to an address, the EFT process will be interrupted.
- The best thing to do is add another account on the “Accounts” page, once it has been verified (up to a ten-calendar day process) you may then delete the old account and associate the new account with all applicable locations.
Can I set up multiple users on my Change Healthcare ProviderNet account?
- Yes. The User Administration feature can be used to add and maintain users and their permissions. You may also change your login information at My Profile.
How long does it normally take for the EFT payment to get applied to my bank account (after I am a registered provider)?
- For verified bank accounts, the money is transferred within 24 hours of Molina’s payment process. Your bank may vary on when they release the funds into your account. Usually it is the next business morning; however please check with your bank on specifics.
How do I view my EOPs that are associated with the EFT payment now that I am no longer receiving the paper check?
- The EOPs are available to view and download on the Change Healthcare ProviderNet website. If you are currently receiving EFT payments your facility has been registered in Change Healthcare ProviderNet and there are login credentials to the Change Healthcare ProviderNet website for the NPI associated to the EFT payment.
How long does my EOP remain available on Change Healthcare ProviderNet for view/download/save?
- The EOP PDF will remain online for up to 24 months after original payment.
If I have a Clearinghouse that manages my payables, can I have my (ERA) EDI 835 files go directly to them?
- If your Clearinghouse is already activated with Change Healthcare ProviderNet, you set up connectivity with them to receive your EDI 835 files.
- To do this, click on “Connectivity” on your Change Healthcare ProviderNet Control Panel, then select the “Clearinghouses” tab.
- Select your clearinghouse from the drop-down list. Select the (ERA) EDI 835 file as the “File Type,” enter a start date, and hit “Save”.
- You should see your clearinghouse listed at the bottom of the page. Note: Except for Molina Healthcare of Puerto Rico Providers, (ERA) EDI 835 files are only distributed with EFT payments.
- If you are already receiving EFTs, your clearinghouse will receive your EDI 835 files based on the start date you choose. (You can back-date if desired.)
- If your Clearinghouse is not activated with Change Healthcare ProviderNet, please contact them to get set-up. It is free to the Clearinghouse, and to the Provider
- Contact Us
ERA/EFT Email: EDI.ERAEFT@MolinaHealthcare.com
Change Healthcare ProviderNet
Phone: (877) 389-1160
Support: ERA/EFT (only) registration and Customer Service Support on Change Healthcare ProviderNet site