Standards for Medical Record Documentation
Providing quality care to our members is important; therefore, SWH of NY has established standards for medical record documentation to help assure the highest quality of care. Medical record standards enable the promotion of:
- Quality care though communication
- Coordination and continuity of care
- Efficient and effective treatment
- Medical record content
- Medical record organization
- Ease of retrieving medical records
- Confidential patient information (HIPAA)
- Standards and performance goals for participating providers
For a detailed description of the standards and performance goals, refer to the Provider Manual.
*Printed copies of information posted on our website are available upon request.