Part of the 2020 Molina Community Innovation Fund Commitment of $1.5 Million for Health and Wellness
COLUMBUS, Ohio, May 20, 2020 – Molina Healthcare of Ohio (“Molina”) is committed to improving the well-being of Ohio’s children and curbing health inequities that negatively impact children in underserved communities. Molina is partnering with local organizations to create innovative ways to increase access to health care and social services being provided to children across Ohio.
“Molina strongly believes in supporting and advancing the welfare of children,” said Ami Cole, plan president of Molina Healthcare of Ohio. “Achieving health equity for all of our young people is critical to building stronger communities, and we are proud to support organizations across Ohio committed to delivering necessary services to children who need it.”Children require safe environments and adequate access to health care to support their health and well-being as they grow into adulthood. Children who lack healthy
foods, safe learning spaces, behavioral health services, accessible health care providers, and other resources that promote healthy bodies and minds are at a considerable disadvantage. Molina is dedicated to working with community leaders to help fill these gaps and lift up all children in Ohio.
The Molina Community Innovation Fund will support organizations serving the children of Ohio, including:
- Corporation of Ohio Appalachian Development, which performs lead assessments and abatements in childcare centers throughout southeast Ohio;
- Ohio Children’s Alliance, which builds HIPAA-compliant behavioral telehealth services for its network providers serving 75,000+ children per year;
- The Ohio State University Dental Health Outreach Mobile Experience (H.O.M.E.) Coach, which offers a pediatric mobile dental clinic that travels to Columbus City Schools providing dental care services for the approximately 36 percent of working families without dental insurance;
- Project Echo, which trains Ohio physicians to virtually connect with multidisciplinary experts in their fields to receive assistance on complex medical cases for children and adults;
- Primary Health Solutions, which is building a school-based primary health care center in Edgewood to serve children and families with medical, dental, and behavioral health services; and
- Community Development for All People, which develops afterschool programs for students in first through fifth grade, and summer programs for K-12 students; a food pantry that provides children and families with nutritious foods, and a store that provides gently-used clothes and hygiene products to children and families.
About Molina Healthcare of Ohio
Since 2005, Molina Healthcare of Ohio has been providing government-funded, quality health care to low-income individuals. As of March 31, 2020, the Company serves approximately 300,000 members through Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare-Medicaid (Duals) and Health Insurance Exchange programs across the state. To learn more, visit MolinaHealthcare.com.