Medication tips to help you manage your health
Molina Healthcare wants you to be healthy and safe when taking your medicines. Knowing how to manage your medicines can help you avoid side effects and unexpected provider and emergency room visits. Here are a few tips to keep you on track!
Tip #1: Knowing about your medicine
- Know the name of the medicine and what it is supposed to do.
- Know what condition the medicine is supposed to treat.
- Know what possible side effects you may feel.
- Create a list of all your medicines. Take that list and your bottles of medicines with you to each provider visit.
Tip #2: Taking your medicine
In order for your medicine to do its job, you must take it as your provider prescribed. It may be hard to remember to take it sometimes when you go about your day. Here are some tips:
- Take it at the same time every day
- Take it together with other daily events, like brushing your teeth
- Use a pill box
- Ask someone close to you to help remind you
- Make yourself a reminder note and place it somewhere so you will see it everyday
Always take your medicine the way your provider told you to take it. Taking too much or skipping doses can be dangerous. Do not stop taking your medicine unless your provider tells you to stop taking it.
Tip #3: Medicine safety
- Use the same pharmacy to pick up all of your medicines
- Do not share medicines
- Do not use medicine that has expired
- Let your provider know if you have any allergies to medicines
- Keep your medicine out of reach from pets and children
- Keep your medicine away from heat and damp areas
Keep a list of the medicines you take. Use this card and keep it in your wallet.
Molina Medicare is here to help! We have resources to assist you:
Pharmacy line: 1-888-483-0760, extension 179787
Nurse Advice Line: 1-888-275-8750
Molina Medicare website