Molina Healthcare of Texas wants you and your family to be safe and healthy. We have a Patient Safety Program to help us meet this goal. This program gives you safety facts so you can make better health care choices. Here are a few of the things we do to improve your safety:
- Give doctors and hospitals information on safety issues and where to get help.
- Keep track of our member's complaints about safety problems in their doctor's office or hospital.
- Look at reports from groups that check hospital safety. Reports tell us about enough staff in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit), use of drug orders, and so forth. These groups are:
Leap Frog Quality Index Ratings
JCAHO National Patient Safety Goal Ratings
We also let you know:
- How to make your home safer.
- Get information about programs and services for patients with problems like diabetes and asthma.
- How to keep poisons and medicines out of the reach of your children.
- How to have fun and still be safe outdoors.
- Why exercise is good for you.
If you would like more information about our patient safety program, please call our Health Education Line at 1-866-449-6849.
*Paper copies of information posted on our website are available upon request.