If you qualify to join a health plan that is part of the Medicare-Medicaid Alignment Initiative (MMAI), you will get a letter in the mail. This letter will explain how to pick a health plan, such as Molina Dual Options.
Molina Dual Options is available to individuals who meet all of the following criteria:
- Age 21 and older at the time of enrollment.
- Entitled to benefits under Medicare Part A and enrolled under Medicare Parts B and D, and receiving full Medicaid benefits.
- Enrolled in the Medicaid Aid to the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (ABD) category of assistance and
- Live within our Service Area
The following populations are ineligible for the Medicare-Medicaid Alignment Initiative, including Molina Dual Options:
- Individuals under the age of 21.
- Individuals receiving development disability institutional services or who participate in the HCBS waiver for Adults with Developmental Disabilities.
- The Medicaid Spend-down population.
- Beneficiaries in the Illinois Medicaid Breast and Cervical Cancer program.
- Individuals enrolled in partial benefit programs and
- Individuals enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid who have Comprehensive Third Party Insurance.
Check out our What's Covered section to learn about what our program has to offer and learn How to Enroll to join Molina Healthcare.
You can also call Member Services to learn more.